Welcome

I would like to welcome you all to my blog, Critic on wheels. The contents of this blog are purely the opinion of myself and those I eat out with and how I find the food and facilities of the restaurants I visit at the time I visit them. The opinions are merely there as a guide to those who wish totake my views onboard. I do understand that everyone has their own standards and tastes, afterall it wouldn't do for us all to be the same. These are my views of the places I visit from the perspective of someone who is mobility challenged and from the kind of food I like to enjoy, I hope you find it helpful.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Card for my Dad

Mum said I had to make my own card for Dad this year, something about it being a distraction from my revision. Thank God I only have 2 exams left though I really can't be bothered with them at all. Mum said I'd got to get my card done today and do some maths revision for the exam on monday, boring additional maths. I agreed to do my card only as it stops her nagging me about maths revision, and I've had her running up and down to her craft room getting me stuff and changing my mind so as I don't have to do more maths. Now I'm putting this post here and have pinched her note book so I can enter some challenges, I can see I might have to ask for some more help, but hey it's better than maths revision.

I said I wanted to enter into some challenges for father's day. I don't do arty craft normally as it's just too slow and messy computer games are more me but I'm quite pleased with this and I didn't smudge too much but my hands kept shaking when I was colouring. I don't like colouring much as my cerebral palsy makes it hard to keep in the lines and then I get cross and hate being disabled. Mum really hates my colour scheme and kept trying to suggest other colour but I like bright colours especially ones that wind mum up. I asked her to put the picture on too and she can do the link thinks for the challenges. I'm only doing this cos when mum put my card up for Granddad I got some nice comments and mum said that wasn't fair so she wouldn't do it again, I could do it on my blog so I am. Only joking mum, and thanks if you read this.

Challenges;-
The corrosive challenge- layout
Raise the bar-what a special guy
Creative inspirations- for the boys
A crafty little place- one for the boys
Incy wincy- one for the guys
cupcake craft- one for the boys
craftycardmakers- cards for men
Pear tree designs- fathers day
magical crafts fortnightly challenge-fathers day
crafty ho's -think bright
totally gorjuss-card for a male



I can't believe mum found me so many challenges to enter, she can have her book back now. Wonder if I'll win anything?

24 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

well done on your card. thanks for joining us at pear tree designs this week, your dad will love your card. Good Luck! ClareX

Karen said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
xx

Mandy said...

Hey Andrew, fab card mate, love the image you've used and the colours are lush, ignore mum she hasn't a clue lol.
Brilliant way to get out of maths revision lol.
If we can convert you into joining in with our little hobby/obsession more often but the colouring put's you off, you could ask mum to treat you to some digi images that don't need colouring or click on the Digital Doodling badge in my sidebar, Wendy has lots of freebies there.
Good luck with the challenges & your exams
hugs, yes hugs even though you are probably saying yuck lol, Mandy xx

Cara said...

Andrew you rock!! Your card is fantastic!! Best of luck with your tests. Enjoy the summer and join us anytime at ACLP!!
Way to go!!

Cara ACLP DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

I'm glad you shared this card with us. Hope Dad enjoys it as much as I do. You've got fun colors and I like what you did with the frame/mat...looks pretty cool.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC @ A Crafty Little Place

Sammye Jo said...

Andrew your card looks great! I love the colors you picked for sure!!! So glad you joined in the challenge fun at a Crafty Little Place!!!

Sammye Jo
ACLP DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Andrew, your card looks GREAT!! I love the colors!! Good luck on your tests and have a fabulous summer!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Doreen said...

This is just fabulous your Dad will love it.Thanks for sharing at Magical Crafts and Incy Wincy this week and Good luck.xxx

Anonymous said...

You've done a fantastic job here.The bright colours look great.Good luck with your exams too.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

Jo said...

Andrew, fab card, love the bright colours, don't take any notice of your mum, it's not for her anyway!!!! Bet your dad will love it. Good luck in your exams. Hugs Jo x

Julye said...

Ok Andrew I submit, as everyone else seems to like your colour scheme and I did say you'd done a good job but I still don't like red and yellow lol love mum

NGCARDS said...

Lovely work. Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Darlene said...

What a fun creation!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope to see you again next week!!

sgc said...

Andrew--your card is fabulous! Bet your Dad will love it. I hope you did well on your exams--and enjoyed this time away from your math revisions. Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos challenge.

Jane said...

Hey! This is a great card...you should be very proud!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,
Your post really made me laugh; you took me back a few years when my boys (one called Andrew too!) would do ANYTHING to get out of revision and I'm a teacher!! Maybe us lady crafters should take a few tips from you about colour schemes when making cards for men. I might try a red and yellow instead of blues/greys/browns.Good luck in your exams and the challenges. x

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card I love everything about it, Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Ho's Blog this week!

Amber said...

So adorable! Wonderful masculine project!
ACLP Hugs
Amber

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Lovely card, great colours! Thanks for joining this week over at PTD, hugs Heidi (DT) xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Andrew!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs Challenge Blog.

Good luck.

Lou x

~*Joni said...

Oh what a wonderful distraction to math! You did a great job, the coloring is bright and happy, just the way I like it. Great job, thank you so much for joining us in our Guys challenge at ACLP & RTB!
~*Joni ACLP & RTB DT

Sarah A said...

Hi Andrew

Well thank you for cheering up my day, your post made me laugh - I think I am a bossy Mum like yours is haha, I always try to suggest my kids use different colours and image but thankfully they don't always listen. Tell your mum from me that your colours work perfectly for this cheerful card!

Hope you do well in your Maths exam and what a FAB way to keep your Mum fit and avoid revision - I like your style!

Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy for our "One for the guys challenge"

Sarah x

Cara said...

Andrew, Congrats on your win at ACLP!!! You deserve it!! My son is named Andrew, too. GREAT name :o)
Have a fun summer!!
Cara ACLP DT
www.CarasScrapNStampArt.blogspot.com

Basslady said...

a wonderful card! such a sweet image!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo